Indiavision 24 is an online News paper which would be working on a new platform with new technology and with experience news journalists around the world. The new option to have citizen journalist and provision of having a benefit card for the users will be a highlight of our news media.
Code of ethics
Being a globally oriented media service INDIA VISION 24 shall adopt the following code of ethics in pursuance of the vision and mission it has set for itself:
- 1. Adhere to the journalistic values of honesty, courage, fairness, balance, independence, credibility and diversity, giving no priority to commercial or political over professional consideration.
- 2. Endeavour to get to the truth and declare it in our dispatches, programmes and news bulletins unequivocally in a manner which leaves no doubt about its validity and accuracy.
- 3. Treat our audiences with due respect and address every issue or story with due attention to present a clear, factual and accurate picture while giving full consideration to the feelings of victims of crime, war, persecution and disaster, their relatives and our viewers, and to individual privacies and public decorum.
- 4. Welcome fair and honest media competition without allowing it to affect adversely our standards of performance and thereby having a “scoop” would not become an end in itself.
- 5. Present the diverse points of view and opinions without bias and partiality. 6. Recognise diversity in human societies with all their races, cultures and beliefs and their values and intrinsic individualities so as to present unbiased and faithful reflection of them.
- 7. Acknowledge a mistake when it occurs, promptly correct it and ensure it does not recur.
- 8. Observe transparency in dealing with the news and its sources while adhering to the internationally established practices concerning the rights of these sources.
- 9. Distinguish between news material, opinion and analysis to avoid the snares of speculation and propaganda.
- 10. Stand by colleagues in the profession and give them support when required, particularly in the light of the acts of aggression and harassment to which journalists are subjected at times. Cooperate with Arab and international journalistic unions and associations to defend freedom of the press.
As part of the News team we will be in a fast paced environment that is committed to delivering the stories as they break. We will be responsible for overseeing all editorial aspects of newsgathering, news content and news output across all platforms.
Our Input team is responsible for the coverage of news and international affairs around the world. It offers a dynamic environment that is all about teamwork and offers an extremely rewarding career with INDIAVISION 24.
The Marketing team is responsible for helping to grow our audiences and building the INDIAVISION 24 brand.
INDIA VISION 24 Media Training & Development Centre
As part of our project, we have an idea of a Media Training & Development Centre which gives young professionals the training to succeed as media professionals. Selected Candidates will be working in cooperation with renowned training institutions around the World, and responsible for helping to deliver quality training and consultation, ensuring the next generation of media professionals will be well equipped.
We would like to start a documentary wing which will operate to make documentaries of important programs, events, business persons etc.
Scope of our space where we operate:-
We are currently getting established in to 25 million people in the world who read and speak Malayalam who could be our potential customers.
It is large and rapidly growing:-
As far as we could see from the preliminary data, INDIAVISION is the only news/media and information application which rewards its readers with a benefit card system. This undoubtedly attracts more readers/customers to its customer base. This in turn assures a rapid growth. We believe that this approach has huge potential in ecommerce.
The competition to our product:-
We see that there is a huge competition from the already established Media moguls for information distribution, as observed from the large number of news portals and related apps. Apart from that the online selling platform we would be developing in association with the benefit card system may face competition from the highly successful e-commerce sites in India and abroad as well.
The strategy to deal with competition:-
Although the competition is huge and strong, we have developed efficient strategies to overcome it. Traditional media/news websites do not provide its readers any rewards for accessing the information and e-commerce apps with its focus on selling things neither gives its users any information/news. We have combined both the aspects strategically in where the user who accesses the information could earn points with which he/she could purchase products listed there. Apart from this we have made it possible for the user to upload the information/news that he or she thinks is worth sharing with the world via the citizen news facility option. By employing such strategies we are generating a dedicated and fixed user base for the site.
The market validation happened The Proposition:-
As per Census 2011, the total population of Kerala is 30.2 million. Smart phone and internet users comprise a huge 45% of it. That roughly corresponds to 13 million people. Our primary target is 25% of the total number of smart phone and internet users which is estimated to be3.25 million. Once we achieve this target we are going to be a sure success. In the current scenario, one of the most popular news applications in Malayalam is MarunadanMalayali. They have user base of 3 million. However, they do not provide users any benefit in spending time on their website while our site could give them the information they want, reward them for doing so and let them purchase useful products. With these novel strategies we believe we would be able to expand our existing user base and could easily achieve our target of 3.25 million.
Definition of product or service:-
INDIAVISION 24 is a NEWS WEBSITE to deliver news and collect information. All Internet and smart phone users can utilise this website for free. The first time in this sector we introduce news and ecommerce composite.
INDIAVISION 24 MOBILE APP version is also under plan for the android based smart phones would be available in play store very soon.
Here we clearly defined our customer:-
Presently we would like to start our website in the regional language, Malayalam. Then, in a later stage, we will start in English as well. This makes it effectively targeting all malayalees worldwide. If Kerala has been taken in to consideration, 45% of 32 million Keralites use internet and smart phones. We plan to target 25% of those users which is estimated to be around 3.6 million, in addition to the global non-resident malayalee population.
Why is our product / service necessary:-
There are several news websites and applications which are available over the cyber space. These applications provide the news only when the user is online but INDIAVISION 24 provides news in a capsule format even when the user is offline. INDIAVISION is defined to be user friendly with a citizen news facility by which any user is allowed to upload the news they find worth sharing. Apart from this we give them a chance to earn benefit card system which not only makes reading news/gathering information a much fun activity but also let them buy useful everyday life products they need with marginal discounted price.
We doing something Different / Differently
- Indiavision media could be accessed easily on offline mode
- People can update their news through citizen news facility from anywhere in the world.
- We deliverall news in a capsule format.
- All account holdersget benefit cards by regular use of the site.
- Users can purchase products with a discounted price with their points.
It is “need to have” / “nice to have”
From all the above points, this app could be categorized under the ‘need to have’ apps. If your online activity could reward you, you sure need to have an app that lets you do it.
Experience of pilots, prototypes etc
The pilot application has gathered acceptance among the malayalee audience, as seen from the number of downloads and the activities on INDIAVISION 24’s Facebook page. With that data, we believe that we could efficiently manage all sectors of the app such as news delivery, citizen news managing, product packing and selling etc.
What is our sales / marketing plan
We could potentially target 25 million customers here in Kerala and abraod hence the first step would be campaigning in the social media like facebook, whats app etc. We will eventually go for visual media advertisements. Whatever be the ads, we would start with an incredible offer that may attract the attention of masses. The two leading dailies in kerala have a total circulation of 4 million. Even if we could get our message delivered to 10% of it, we will have 4 lakhs of people talking about INDIAVISION 24. By mouth publicity our offers could be delivered to those who did not get it on the dailies by those 4 lakhs users. For example consider if 4 lakhs of users introduce INDIAVISION 24 offers to at least two of their friends then by our next offer, the total number of people who hear about us will be 8 lakhs plus 4 lakhs to a total of 12 lakhs. We have a lot of other plans which will be disclosed only at the presentation stage.
scaling up plan
At present we have the news section only in the regional language, Malayalam. However we intend to scale up/expand to English as well to target a broader spectrum of audience.
Team is the most important fundamental aspect of an early stage venture; provides the best collateralfor an investor. We have a team of efficient and experienced journalists from various medias who will work from different stations to make our news site updated. Also, we have operations from abroad especially in Europe and Middle East. We are working in close connection with Overseas Malayalee Associations which will help us to have more subscribers in PravasiMalayali community.